Novel in-line oven for a wide range of heat treatments
The CALiPSO is used in the manufacture of crystalline silicon solar cells. The oven features a transport system consisting of ceramic rollers. This means that, in contrast to the metal transport conveyors currently used for in-line diffusion ovens, no metallic contamination can occur to the rear of the solar cells. Because the transport cassettes used in conventional annealing ovens are no longer required, the energy consumption is reduced and the need for cassette loading and return eliminated.
Its modular design with individually regulated heating zones that ensure an extremely homogenous and stable temperature distribution, together with a variable gas management system, enables the CALiPSO to be optimally adjusted to the customer’s desired heating profile.
Meyer Burger will be pleased to assist its customers in the selection of the most appropriate model.
- Wafer transport in 8 tracks for 6" cells
- A highly diverse range of wafer formats and glasses in sizes up to 1 m² can be processed
- Metal-free transport system with ceramic rollers
- Modular concept provides great flexibility regarding process parameters
- Lower energy consumption compared to other annealing ovens with cassette transport
- Designed for ease of maintenance
- Simple operation