Cell testing process
After the coating process of the silicon wafers, the cell performance of the resulting solar cells is tested. The cell test procedure is performed using innovative light sources that enable precise measurement values with all cell technologies (including capacitive cells).
After successful testing, the solar cells are classified according to quality and sorted.
Our cell testing system
Meyer Burger offers an advanced measurement procedure for precision testing of solar cells. The highly-efficient, cost-effective and long-lasting measurement technologies stand out thanks to their accuracy and productivity. They are designed for the measurement of the latest generation of solar cells.
The contact system ensures that cell shading is minimized and that the IV measurement is both accurate and reproducible. It enables cells with a thickness of less than 120 μm to be contacted.
Benefits of solar cell testing
- Measurement of cell performance
- Classification and sorting of the individual solar cells
- Cutting the cost of achieving grid parity
- Weeding out defective solar cells before they are integrated into a module.
- Integration into existing photovoltaic production lines