The WIS-08 wafer inspection system is used by the photovoltaic industry to test silicon wafers and to classify them according to quality. The system checks the wafer for microcracks, inclusions, saw marks, defective edges, thickness variation and other parameters.
The WIS-08 is widely appreciated for its reliable measurements. It is not without reason that 80% of all solar wafers are tested with the Hennecke measuring system. The modular design provides user-friendly flexibility at the highest precision.
Benefits of WIS-08 wafer inspection system:
- Highest throughput of 8,000 wafers per hour
- Maximum flexibility thanks to modular design
- One system covers everything: compatible with both diamond wire and slurry-cut wafers
- Extremely low breakage rate minimizes operating costs
- No wrongly sorted out wafers: use of transflection technology for highly accurate detection of μ-cracks
- A matrix system detects saw marks in multi wafers caused by SiN/SiC inclusions
Inspection System for Wafers
An in-house designed laser combined with new cameras detects saw marks and the bow accurately, especially on wafers which have been cut with resin-bonded or electroplated diamond wire.
Furthermore, the optional transflection technology detects µ-cracks and reduces the negative impact of grains on the surface of poly wafers. Moreover, the matrix system not only spots saw marks on the edge of wafers but also on whole the surface.
Non-visual crack detection (NVCD)
- Best infrared-based technology for detection of micro cracks and SiC inclusions available on the market
- Hennecke is established market leader in the field of micro crack detection
- NVCD is the most efficient tool to save cost in cell production because a breakage of wafers is avoided