Optical / Optoelectronic
The optics industry produces optical systems, such as optical measurement technology and laser technology. The optoelectronic industry combines elements of optics and of electronics. Optoelectronic components, such as light-emitting diodes (LEDs), form the interface between optical and electronic signals, in that they transform electrical energy into light or light into electrical energy.
- We supply the optics industry with equipment for the process steps of slicing and cutting as well as coating and printing, in addition to software and automation solutions. Meyer Burger offers diamond wire sawing technology for cutting hard and brittle materials such as silicon, sapphire, ceramics or glass, a technology that delivers the maximum possible material yield.
- In the coating area, Meyer Burger provides numerous solutions for ion beam, plasma and atomic layer deposition coatings.
- In addition, Meyer Burger offers custom-designed inkjet printers for the R&D area as well as for volume production.
- Software solutions are also part of the Meyer Burger product portfolio. Meyer Burger sells solutions for automation, control (of system component groups, cluster tools and inline systems) and interfaces. It also offers a development platform for creating automation software.
- Rounding off Meyer Burger’s product portfolio in the optics and optoelectronics area are fully and semi-automatic inspection devices for sapphire substrates.