- The strategic partner REC Group is starting series production of its new Alpha modules. This new generation of modules will be manufactured on Meyer Burger heterojunction/smartwire production lines. It is considered to be the world's most powerful 60-cell solar module with an output of 380 Wp, which delivers around 20% more power than conventional modules of the same size.
- Sale of the wafer systems and services business for photovoltaic and special materials to Precision Surfacing Solutions (PSS).
- Meyer Burger concludes an exclusive cooperation agreement with Oxford PV to jointly press ahead with the technology for mass production of perovskite on silicon heterojunction (HJT) tandem cells.
- The Solar Systems division resulting from the merger with 3S is sold back to the original owner.
- Meyer Burger presents an HJT/SWCT record module with 410 watts under standard test conditions (bifacial 480 watts).
- Meyer Burger announces the first major commercial order for a heterojunction and SmartWire production facility. The order from REC is worth CHF 74 million.
- Meyer Burger sells its non-photovoltaic-related diamond wire production business, Diamond Materials Tech Inc. (DMT) based in Colorado Springs, USA, to the Thermocompact Group.
- Successful completion of the first customer project for the new FABiA 4.1, which combines all three necessary coating procedures for a PERC solar cell in a single machine.
- Market launch of the DW288 Series 3 diamond wire saw.
- Meyer Burger launches a further inspection technology in the form of the WIS-06 wafer inspection system.
- Successful major recapitalization program to strengthen the capital structure.
- With the renaming of Roth & Rau AG into Meyer Burger (Germany) AG and Roth & Rau B.V. into Meyer Burger (Netherlands) B.V., Meyer Burger further strengthened its presence in the market
- Meyer Burger subsidiary, Muegge GmbH, an international manufacturer of industrial heating microwave and plasma systems, acquires microwave technology specialist Gerling Applied Engineering, Inc.
- Meyer Burger enters into strategic collaboration with leading French research centre CEA (Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives)
- Meyer Burger awarded contract for the first fully integrated high efficiency “SWCT“ production line in USA
- Meyer Burger sets further industry record with 327 watt solar module on industrial production equipment
- Meyer Burger awarded strategic contract for firs high efficiency SWCT production line in Europe
- Meyer Burger announces strategic cooperation agreement between Roth & Rau B.V. and Rolic Technologies
- Meyer Burger subsidiary, AIS Automation GmbH, specialist for process control and automation solutions in the field of automation and information technology, strengthened its strategic cooperation with AIXTRON SE
- Meyer Burger presents revolutionary SmartWire cell connection technology (SWCT)
- Move and integration of 3S Swiss Solar Systems Ltd to the new solar competence center in Gwatt, Thun
- Presentation of heterojunction technology HJT and record with 303 watt solar module in production conditions
- Move of Meyer Burger Ltd and Meyer Burger Technology Ltd to the new solar competence center in Gwatt, Thun
- Installation of futuristic roof-top solar panel system on the arena Thun
- Public tender offer of Roth&Rau Ltd – Antitrust clearance by the Chinese authority of antitrust authorities received
- Meyer Burger published the final result at the end of the additional acceptance period. Total participation in the share capital of Roth & Rau AG of 81.89%
- Meyer Burger announces preliminary results at the end of the additional acceptance period. The total participation in Roth & Rau AG exceeds 75%
- Meyer Burger acquired 32.38% of the share capital of Roth & Rau AG since publication of the tender offer
- 3S Swiss Solar Systems Ltd and Meyer Burger win the Swiss Solar Award 2011
- Meyer Burger publishes offer document in conjunction with the voluntary public tender offer of Roth & Rau AG at a price of EUR 22 per share
- 3S Photovoltaics supplies solar modules for Umwelt Arena roof
- Meyer Burger acquires a further 6.34% of shares in Roth & Rau from OTB Group B.V
- Meyer Burger acquires 11.3% of shares in Roth & Rau
- Meyer Burger is celebrating groundbreaking ceremony of new building in Thun
- Merger with 3S Industries Ltd, the leading provider of manufacturing equipment and entire production lines for the manufacturing of solar modules. Core competencies include 3S Swiss Solar Systems Ltd (laminating), Somont GmbH (electrical cell connection, soldering process) and Pasan SA (testing and measuring of solar cells and modules)
- Market launch of BrickMaster for cutting multicrystalline silicon ingots into square bricks Acquisition of business activities of Diamond Wire Technology, LLC, Colorado Springs, USA (producer of diamond wire)
- Acquisition of the activities from Diamond Wire Technology, LLC, Colorado Springs, USA (Diamond Wire Production).
- Acquisition of the remaining 49% share capital of AMB Apparate + Maschinenbau GmbH
- Strategic cooperation with OC Oerlikon Balzers Ltd for the distribution and further development of the Solaris systems used for the coating of crystalline solar silicon cells
- Acquisition of majority participations in Hennecke Systems GmbH (precision measurement and sorting systems for solar wafers) and AMB Apparate + Maschinenbau GmbH (wafer handling and automation technologies)
- Announcement of the acquisition of majority participations in Hennecke Systems GmbH (wafer measurement systems) and AMB Apparate + Maschinenbau GmbH (wafer automation systems)
- Closing of purchase contracts January / February 2008
- Market launch of a fully-automated and integrated brick line for monocrystalline and multicrystalline silicon bricks
- Holding name changed to Meyer Burger Technology Ltd, incorporated in Baar, Switzerland
- Initial Public Offering on 23 November 2006 at SWX Swiss Exchange
- Launch of band saw with rotating clamping table BS 805 for solar industry and of wire saw DS 265
- Market launch of diamond wire saws in cooperation with Diamond Wire Technology, LLC, USA
- Foundation of subsidiaries in China and Japan, positioning in the Asian markets
- Entering the Russian market through agreement with sales agent High Tech Solutions Moscow
- Entering the Asian and American markets through cooperation with SiC Processing to ensure slurry-recycling supply of Meyer Burger customers
- Incorporation of Meyer & Burger Holding Ltd, incorporated in Zug
- Switzerland market launch of the first band saw BS 800 for solar industry and of wire saw DS 261 for semiconductor industry