Operation Are: Research & Development
Meyer Burger is the leading technology company for innovative and cost-effective solutions based on semiconductor technologies, focusing on photovoltaics. With around 1,100 competent and motivated employees in 9 countries, we supply tailor-made products to meet customer needs – from standalone products up to fully integrated systems.
Within Meyer Burger, you will be involved in the development of ground-breaking technologies and products and play an active role in shaping our future – with passion and pioneering spirit.
For our sales and service base in China, we are seeking per November, 2018 a/an:
Equipment Engineering R&D Manager
- Set up and lead the teams of equipment engineering R&D to complete the tasks below
- Manage Production Transfer for main stream products, i.e., wire saw and MAiA.
- Cost down projects through design improvement validation and alternative parts verification.
- Engineering improvement for enhanced reliability, productivity, efficiency, ease of maintenance, etc.
- Design upgrades for existing installed tools and prepare service sales packages.
- Customized CIP projects such as onsite tool retrofit or modifications.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.Experience on equipment engineering, equipment manufacturing or R&D management.
- Background and knowledge in designated fields as physics, engineering , chemistry, automation, manufacturing, software, etc. 5+ years in management position, managing engineering team and project. 8+ years in design, engineering, manufacturing required.
- Proactive, self- motivated in learning and improving technical skills. Good sense in customer relationship and customer satisfaction
- Good English communication skills in oral and written. Additional language is a plus.Good in MS Office tools
- Frequent travel in Asia. Able to travel within short notice.
- Ability to deliver work product in accordance to established timeline.
Join us in shaping future technologies