Operation Are: Research & Development
Meyer Burger is the leading technology company for innovative and cost-effective solutions based on semiconductor technologies, focusing on photovoltaics. With around 1,100 competent and motivated employees in 9 countries, we supply tailor-made products to meet customer needs – from standalone products up to fully integrated systems.
Within Meyer Burger, you will be involved in the development of ground-breaking technologies and products and play an active role in shaping our future – with passion and pioneering spirit.
For our sales and service base in China, we are seeking a/an:
Equipment Engineering R&D Engineer
- Production Transfer for main stream products, i.e., wire saw and MAiA.
- Cost down projects through design improvement validation and alternative parts verification.
- Engineering improvement for enhanced reliability, productivity, efficiency, ease of maintenance, etc.
- Design upgrades for existing installed tools and prepare service sales packages.
- Customized CIP projects such as onsite tool retrofit or modifications
- Individual tasks specified by line manager according to specialized area of functions: product development or mechanical or electrical or software.
- Background and knowledge in designated fields as physics, engineering, chemistry, automation, manufacturing, software, etc. Strong planning, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- 5+ years in equipment manufacturing and engineering development. Experience on equipment engineering, equipment manufacturing. Experience in MNC preferred.
- Experiences in the fields: Object-oriented programming (C#), PLC programming (preferably TwinCAT), Windows development environment), Automation systems
- Proactive, self- motivated in learning and improving technical skills.Good sense in customer relationship and customer satisfaction. Good English communication skills in oral and written. Additional language is a plus.Good in MS Office tool.
- Practical skills in programming machine control software.Gather data from electrical drawings and adopt them into software solutions.Professional experience with control tasks in mechanical engineering.Understanding process and production relationships
- Frequent travel in Asia. Able to travel within short notice.
Join us in shaping future technologies