FLEx R2R sALD
Spatial ALD coating technology
Atomic layer deposition (ALD) technology uses cyclic exposure of a substrate to different precursors where in each cycle a layer is formed of a single atom thickness. This ensures superior thickness control, extreme layer homogeneity and superb conformity without cost of vacuum tooling.
Spatial ALD (s-ALD) is the enhanced form of traditional ALD improving the deposition rate by several orders of magnitude.
The FLEx RS is a Roll to Roll Spatial ALD production solution for many applications, like Optically transparent barrier films, Optical stack development, Zn(O,S) buffer layers for CIGS, that require these benefits of s-ALD.
Next to high throughput the FLEx platform approach enables integration of various additional coatings and pre-treatment technologies.
- Deposition rates > 1 nm/s; 100 times faster compared to conventional ALD
- Large range of applications with variety of precursors
- Enable multi-material stack with multiple precursors
- Process at atmospheric pressure (no vacuum process)
- Thickness control at atomic scale
- Straightforward adjustment of layer thickness
- Excellent conformity
- No pinholes
- No contact on deposition side of foil
- No parasitic deposition
- Compact equipment footprint
- Accurate controlled exposure time and process temperature
- High precision rotating spatial ALD drum and WEB tension control
- High precision WEB unwinding and rewinding modules
- High uptime
- Flexibility in foil type and layer thickness
- Scalable platform
- 24/7 volume production
- Customizable configuration
- Various optional modules available